Whether you’re just entering the field of nursing or looking to advance to a higher level, we have the program and support to meet your needs.
Rasmussen University is proud to be a national leader in nursing education.
CCNE-accredited Bachelor and Master of Science in Nursing degree programs.**
No Application Fee
No application fees and no waiting list at many campuses for qualified applicants. Eight start dates per year in many programs.
Ready to Learn More?Request Information
Choose the nursing path that's right for you:
Practical Nursing Diploma
In as few as 12 months, learn compassionate patient care and receive extensive preparation for the NCLEX-PN exam to begin your path as an LPN.*
LPN to RN Bridge
Ready to take your nursing career to the next level and pursue your RN license? Choose our ADN or BSN program and we can help get you there. As an LPN, you can finish in as few as 12 months (LPN to RN bridge) or 18 months (ADN/RN).*
Professional Nursing/Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN)
Make the choice to change lives, including your own, as an RN. Our ADN program is designed to help you gain the skills, knowledge and confidence needed to sit for the NCLEX-RN exam—in as few as 18 months.*
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
When you're ready to make a greater impact at the Bachelor's level, we have three paths to get you there quickly, all CCNE-accredited:**
- BSN Standard Degree—for those pursuing their first Bachelor's degree; can be completed in as few as 33 months.*
- BSN Second Degree—for those with a Bachelor's degree in another field now looking to complete their BSN; can be completed in as few as 18 months.*
- RN to BSN—for currently licensed RNs with Associate's degrees; can be completed in 12–18 months.*
RN to BSN Degree
Are you a licensed nurse? Currently licensed RNs can prepare for a leadership role through our CCNE-accredited online RN to BSN program. Earn your Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree, and move ahead in your nursing career.
- Finish in as few as 12–18 months
- Save up to $9,530 with our RN to BSN Get Started Grant*
- Take courses on your schedule as you continue working
- Develop a professional identity as an advocate and leader
- Transfer in up to 134 credits—which is nearly 75% of program requirements
- Take up to two MSN courses as part of your BSN program
Master of Science in Nursing
Our CCNE-accredited program can help set you apart even further.*** Designed specifically for working registered nurses with a BSN, our program combines online coursework with practicum experiences. In as few as 18 months, or 27 months for the Nurse Practitioner (NP) specializations, you’ll be ready to further impact a job market where nurses are in demand.**
Your nursing talents and goals are unique, which is why we designed our online MSN program with a choice of specializations.
- Nursing Leadership and Administration
- Nursing Education
- Healthcare Technology, Simulation and Informatics
MSN Nurse Practitioner (NP) Specializations:
- Adult-Gerontology Primary Care NP (AGPCNP)
- Family NP (FNP)
- Pediatric Primary Care NP (PPCNP)
- Psychiatric-Mental Health NP (PMHNP)
Doctor of Nursing Practice
The DNP blends online coursework and practicum experiences, with a choice of two specialization areas:†††
- Executive Leadership—Promote forward thinking within healthcare systems to provide quality care to diverse patients and populations.
- Public Health and Policy—Lead public health and policy work to improve the health of individuals and communities.
We'll support you at every step with:
- Academic advising
- 24/7 tech support
- Tutoring and mentoring
- Financial aid for those who qualify
- Nursing-focused support for your library research and writing