Four Easy Steps to Help Change a Life!
You refer someone who may be interested in earning their degree.
We let them know they could receive a scholarship of up to $500.
They can use that scholarship for 50+ degree programs at Rasmussen University.
We donate $5 to the nonprofit of your choice.
Give Back to the Community
Your Referral Will Help a Charity of Your Choice
When you refer someone to Rasmussen, not only are you helping that person make their goals a reality, but you’re also supporting an inspiring cause. With each valid referral, we’ll donate $5 to one of nonprofits below, and you get to choose which one!
Thanks to over 12,000 referrals from empowering people like you, we’ve donated nearly $70,000 to 12 nonprofits since 2020.
Spread the Word, Change a Life
Who Do You Know That’s Ready to Take the Next Step?
From friends or family members to colleagues or neighbors, your referral could change the life of a deserving person you know. If you can’t think of someone to refer, spread the word—maybe by sharing, you can inspire someone else to refer!
Let others know how they can change a life!
of our current students were referred by someone like you.
of students and alum said they have referred someone to Rasmussen.
Nearly 1 in 6
graduates were referred in the last 5 years.
received the Change a Life Scholarship in 2022.
There’s No Limit to Changing Lives
Only You, Your Fellow Students and Alumni Can Refer
There’s no limit to the number of lives that could be changed by referrals from people like you. Out of all the students who got started in 2022, over 2,000 received a Change a Life Scholarship! Any qualified person referred by a pending student, current student or alum could be eligible to receive a scholarship.
“My brother, a Rasmussen University alum, highly recommended Rasmussen because of its knowledgeable and high-quality professors.”Joseph R., Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing Student
Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions apply. Anyone is allowed to enter their name and a referral's name to be considered for the donation, so long as it is a valid referral. In order for your referral to be considered valid for the donation, you must provide correct name information with an accurate phone number and/or email for both you and your friend. If you or your referral's information is found to be incorrect, your referral will be considered invalid and no donation will be made. Entering only your information and not information for a referral will be considered invalid and no donation will be made. Participants are allowed to submit more than one valid referral. For every valid referral, Rasmussen University will donate $5 to “Bigger Than the Trail,” “Make-A-Wish® Minnesota” or “Ruff Start Rescue®.” Rasmussen University agrees to donate $5 for every valid referral up to $15,000. This promotion is only valid from August 7 to December 31, 2023. Donations will be provided from the University no later than March 31, 2024.
This promotion is not dependent on the referred individual speaking with anyone at Rasmussen University, starting school or taking any positive step toward enrolling in a program. Your referral will be contacted no more than three times by Rasmussen University at the phone number or email address you provide and can opt out of contact at any time.
Rasmussen University “Change a Life” Scholarship Qualifications
- Any Rasmussen University pending new student, current student or alum may nominate people to receive the $500 scholarship.
- Incoming student must have been referred to Rasmussen University by a pending new student, current student or by a Rasmussen University alum.
- Applicant must maintain a 2.0 cumulative GPA to receive the scholarship.
- Scholarship is available to new prospective students only.
- Bright Horizons employees participating in the Rasmussen University Professional Achievement Grant are not eligible to participate. KinderCare Education employees receiving preferred pricing for the ECE Diploma, Associate's and Bachelor completer degrees are not eligible to participate.
- The Change a Life Scholarship may not be combined with other grants or scholarships offered by Rasmussen University.
- Students with tuition rates at or lower than $239 per credit for full-time rates and $309 per credit for part-time rates are not eligible for any grants or scholarships offered by the University. Students enrolling in the Master of Science in Nursing degree program on or after January 3, 2023, may be eligible for institutional grants regardless of program or course tuition rate provided they meet all other applicable terms and conditions for the grants.
- Employees of Rasmussen College, LLC and their family members are not eligible to participate.
- Scholarship is awarded quarterly for the first four quarters for eligible new students and is non-renewable.
- Nominated student must meet Rasmussen University admissions acceptance standards.
- Deadline for new student enrollment is Spring 2024.
- Nomination forms will be verified by the Admissions Office before student will be awarded.
A minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 2.0 is required to earn the scholarship on an ongoing basis. If a student’s CGPA falls below 2.0 in one quarter, the scholarship will not be awarded for the subsequent quarter. If the student remains continuously enrolled and raises his or her CGPA to 2.0 or above, the scholarship will be awarded in the subsequent quarter.
The scholarship award is non-transferable, and no substitution or cash equivalent is allowed. If the student does not start in July 2023 or August 2023, any scholarship awarded will be forfeited.
Rasmussen University reserves the right to add, discontinue or amend scholarship and grant programs at its discretion. Any student currently receiving scholarship or grant funds at the time of the amendment will be notified.
Rasmussen University and its agents assume no responsibility for damages, losses, or injury resulting from acceptance or use of the scholarship award. Taxes and fees, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner.
Scholarship recipients must start classes between Fall 2023 and Spring 2024. This scholarship is offered by Rasmussen University, and is open to eligible incoming students. This offer is void wherever prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. Must be 18 years or older as of selected class start date.
This scholarship is limited to a maximum amount of $500 applied at a rate of $125 per quarter for a maximum of 4 quarters. If the scholarship recipient transfers in credits from a previous college and has less than 4 quarters, the scholarship will terminate at the completion of the student’s program. Additionally, if the student enrolls in a program requiring less than 4 quarters of study, the scholarship will terminate at the completion of the program.
Students must meet all general college- and program-specific requirements, along with all applicable continuing academic, programmatic and credit load requirements. See your local Rasmussen University campus for a complete set of eligibility requirements and academic standards.
This promotion is not dependent on the referred individual speaking with anyone at Rasmussen University, starting school or taking any positive step towards enrolling in a program. Your friend will be contacted no more than three times by Rasmussen University at the phone number or email address you provided, and can opt out of contact at any time. The Change a Life Scholarship may not be combined with other grants or scholarships offered by Rasmussen University.
Students with tuition rates at or lower than $239 per credit for full-time rates and $309 per credit for part-time rates are not eligible for any grants or scholarships offered by the University. Students enrolling in the Master of Science in Nursing degree program on or after January 3, 2023, may be eligible for institutional grants regardless of program or course tuition rate provided they meet all other applicable terms and conditions for the grants.